Welcome to the official website of The Taiwan International Chemical Sciences Chapter of American Chemical Society (ACS). We build this website to make it easier for our members and general public to know more about the previous and incoming activities of the chapters. In addition, it is also our intention to make this website a resources and information sharing platform for all our members to learn more about the ACS related opportunity in Taiwan.
ACS-Taiwan Chapter, as part of a global organization, is a premier non-profit scientific society facilitating the interaction among industry and academic professionals in chemistry and related fields.
Chapter Mission and Objectives
The Taiwan International Chemical Sciences Chapter of ACS was officially launched on Oct 5th, 2015. The mission and objectives of the Chapter are:
- Communicating chemistry and chemical technology effectively among the members and also with general public.
- Through visiting and symposium to establish a strong and professional relationship with ACS units, such as ACS International Office and other International Science Chapters.
- Promote research collaboration inside Taiwan by holding symposiums and presentations collaborated with The Chemical Society Located in Taipei (CSLT) and Chemistry Promotion Center subgroup.
- To make the activity of ACS more known among Taiwanese chemists.
- Work on science and chemistry seeding program for 7-9 grades students. Collaborating with CSLT in Taipei on the same program.
So far, all our activities are running with the emphasis on these objectives. Our major focus for coming years will be (1) engaging and networking for members and prospective members in Taiwan, (2) on promoting chemistry as an attractive career pathway to high school students in Taiwan, (3) hold annual ACS Symposium for students with poster competitions and awards. Moreover, we would also be supporting various conferences and workshops related to the development of chemistry, chemical engineering, and biological chemistry in Taiwan. Stay tuned in the coming months for new activities related to these areas. Reflecting ACS long-standing commitment to learning and continuous improvement, we welcome your feedback to our activity and more importantly your willingness to assist us in accomplishing our goals.