The SciFinder Future Leaders program provides Ph.D. students and postdocs from around the world an opportunity to build their careers, shape the future of research information and attend one of the most respected scientific meetings in the world.
Why should I apply?
During an all-expense-paid trip this August 15-25, you get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at how our scientists and technologists organize, analyze and share information that sparks discoveries. You will:
- Expand your professional network as you engage scientists from all over the world.
- Develop your SciFinder proficiency and master professional skills to help advance your career.
- Increase your knowledge and exchange ideas about current and future research solutions.
- Tour centers of innovation and technology to broaden your understanding of the scientific enterprise.
You’ll also travel to Philadelphia, PA to attend the 252nd ACS National Meeting & Exposition, “a platform to present, publish, discuss and exhibit the most exciting research discoveries and technologies in chemistry and its related disciplines.”
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must be a current Ph.D. student or postdoctoral researcher in chemistry or related science. You must also be proficient in the principles of information retrieval, analysis and workflow, and have a working knowledge of multiple research information tools. See our Terms & Conditions for additional information.
What are the program dates?
|April 10||Application Deadline|
|August 15-20||SciFinder Future Leaders program in Columbus, OH|
|August 21-25||252nd ACS National Meeting in Philadelphia, PA|
How do I apply?
To apply, submit your application form by Sunday, April 10, 2016. Required information includes:
- Contact information
- Letter of recommendation from your advisor or mentor
- Curriculum vitae
The 500- to 1,000-word essay should describe the value of SciFinder to your research. Selection is based on originality and clarity in describing how SciFinder is specifically integrated into your research process. Essays must be written in English.
What is the award?
The applicants who best demonstrate academic accomplishment, a commitment to research and an appreciation of research information will be announced in May 2016. Each will be awarded the following:
- All-expense-paid trip to Columbus, OH
- All-expense-paid trip to Philadelphia, PA to attend the 252nd ACS National Meeting & Exposition
- Certificate of distinction
- $1,000 USD
For additional information, see the program Terms & Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.